ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Where do i find the SATA Controller !

<< < (3/3)

hulkbuster:
I think its too complicated with nLite, i tried it once:(it is too confusing may be i 'll check with that later) and proceeding to format and delete the partition and recreating would prove too expensive in my time, i been their without installing the SATA Controllers it wasn't good :i had to redo the partition table.
       huffff...... may be i will giveup this madness for trying WIn2000 on a new PC after all its a 12 year old OS and with limited feature like xp does. Latest games wouldn't run in Win 2000 after all, XP still is good for me. :)  :Thmbsup:
        Here i rest my case, thank you all for trying to help me especially 4wd who was at the start of this thread, i have taken a printout of all the comments for future reference, dont know when it would prove valuable again...!!!

Ath:
may be i will giveup this madness for trying WIn2000 on a new PC
-hulkbuster (October 29, 2011, 12:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

It would help (me that is, or at least clarify) if you could give a reason for trying to install that old, no longer MS-supported, OS on any system.
Even on old hardware I wouldn't install Windows 2000, it'd be either some form of Linux or Win XP, if performance is the bottleneck.

Shades:
I did install Windows 2000 (+SP4) actually...on a 11 year old HP laptop, which actually runs rather fine and stable. And with 128Mb of RAM XP is not a real option, just as more recent Linux distro's. After it is booted up it consumes 64Mb RAM, leaving a whole 64 Mb RAM to play with  ;)

And I believe that with some TLC I can get several years more out of it, running 2000. As it is not connected to the interweb, there is not a lot of reason to be afraid it will run into the ground.

Believe it or not, I worked for a company in Holland which is always on the lookout for 286 PC's. Several sections have such harsh conditions that newer processor models cannot handle. And I was parked inside those environments for 8 working hours a day. Each 30 minutes you were allowed a 5 minute break...so you would not freeze up too much.

I just want to say that for some there is literary no other option than to run old hardware and as a consequence also old O.S.'s

hulkbuster:
i just wanted to bring to the users and the OP notice who commented here, last time i integrated SATA controller of a small ASUS notebook by using nLite and upon booting for the setup process  it recognised the Disk's and the Partitions, and i was then able to format the disk and install XP, but in my case i wanted 2000 to be installed in a SATA Controller disk which would not recognise the disk and the partition at all, too bad now i can completely relax and give away this urge to install Win 2000 on a SATA Disk, from my first hand experience.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version