ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Easy Remote access to another PC?

<< < (12/14) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Not that I am aware of - why don't you drop them an email - they have proved very helpful when I have contacted them. (They even have telephone support).

Having said that if you want to host your own it may not be free!

xtabber:
TeamViewer provides an option to connect directly to computers on a LAN by specifying the IP address or computer name, bypassing the TeamViewer servers.  I do not know if it is possible to use that beyond a LAN.

One advantage of using their servers is that the free account manager they provide everyone (including free users) makes it much easier to handle all your defined connections by logging into one location.

Carol Haynes:
TeamViewer provides an option to connect directly to computers on a LAN by specifying the IP address or computer name, bypassing the TeamViewer servers.  I do not know if it is possible to use that beyond a LAN.

One advantage of using their servers is that the free account manager they provide everyone (including free users) makes it much easier to handle all your defined connections by logging into one location.
-xtabber (December 09, 2011, 06:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

It should be pointed out also that that free account can be accessed from any computer and remote machines accessed simply via the browser - no downloads or installation required.

Josh:
Does TV support view only? Also, is there a way to hide the notifications which popup with TV when controlling a remote computer?

Carol Haynes:
No - according to TV the pop up is a security feature for the viewed computer so they know you are connected. It can be minimised though so it is out of the way.

You can hide other popups including online status etc. but not the connection notification.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version