ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FlipSuite and Flipbook Printer

How do I change the paper printing size?

<< < (3/3)

liquidriver:
Just tried sony updr200 dye sub printer, has the same issue as the hitpl510
preview in landscape shows up fine, but when printed it prints in opposite orientation.

liquidriver:
Tried two more printers the DNP Ds80 dye sub, This 8x10 printer doesn't even print. Jobs spool to it and then they are erased from the print que.

Next tried the HP Office Jet 8500 inkjet printer.
worked fine using 8.5x11" paper.

After spending several hours testing various printers, my opinion is either I'm missing something obvious or this software can only be used with standard letter sized paper.

Stoic Joker:
Printers do have a tendency to freak out about paper sizes that may cause them to jam. 4(w)x6(h) will feed, while 6(w)x4(h) will cause most printers to freak and refuse to feed (or cycle) properly (which is amazingly easy to do when you start manually defining things). They also have the ability to auto rotate the content being printed to fit the media loaded.

Tray 1 is usually the safest (by design) for specialty paper ... Try resetting most of the media config back to the auto detect defaults, and run a few tests that way. Otherwise you may be inadvertently rotating to image twice...putting it right back where you didn't want it. :)

liquidriver:
These are dye sub printers, they use rolls of paper (not sheets). There are NO trays.
Auto rotating is a driver feature and ALMOST all dye subs do not have that feature.

The issue is the software shows it printing in the correct orientation and it prints the opposite way.

I may try to trouble shoot it again, but after wasting most of the day yesterday will probably not.

Stoic Joker:
These are dye sub printers, they use rolls of paper (not sheets). There are NO trays.
Auto rotating is a driver feature and ALMOST all dye subs do not have that feature.-liquidriver (November 29, 2011, 07:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Actually the driver only goes by the users portrait or landscape input, the autorotation is handled by the print device. While roll feed machines have some of their own behaviors, others are shared. You mentioned using a HP Office Jet 8500 inkjet at a test machine which is why I got started on that line of thought (I work for an HP Authorized Service Provider - So our main product is printers, print management, etc.). The HP roll feed devices (plotters) have an option that minimizes to amount of paper/footage used by storing, rotating, and arranging print jobs.

The issue is the software shows it printing in the correct orientation and it prints the opposite way.
-liquidriver (November 29, 2011, 07:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Understood, and that is a common side effect of specifying to many settings in to many places. As devices get smarter, we get stuck having to trust them, because sometimes they follow instructions a bit too well... :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version