ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FlipSuite and Flipbook Printer

How do I change the paper printing size?

(1/3) > >>

liquidriver:
I am trying to print the files to output as jpegs that are saved to my hard drive.
I am using this virtual printer
http://www.zan1011.com/

I have followed the directions on their web site to make a custom paper size
http://www.zan1011.com/paper.htm

However everytime I try to print out, the files are sized as 8.5x11 files.

I even tried another virtual program called PDF creator and have the same issue.

I want to do this so I can add a website where people can either view or download the images for a church christmas day party.

Under cardstock tab I have selected CUSTOM and put in size of 6x8 paper
I have also changed number of rows from default of 5 to 4 and size from 2x3.5 to 2x3"
Under the Print Tab I have clicked on the SET UP printer Button in lower right hand corner and gone through the printer setting to choose the 6sx8 paper size I want.

None the less when I open any of the saved jpeg files in photoshop they are formatted as 8.5x11" paper.

Thanks for any help with this.

mouser:
Hmm, interesting.  It should work fine but I must admit i've never tried printing on other than 8.5x11 BUT if i had to guess i'd say the problem was not with flipsuite/flipbook printer but with the virtual printer tools.  I will try it out and see if i get the same results.

liquidriver:
Thanks I really appreciate the program and free support. I'm probably going to wind up using a 8x10 or 6x8 dye sub printer so being able to change the paper size to something other than 8.5x11 is crucial.

Stoic Joker:
Hmm, interesting.  It should work fine but I must admit i've never tried printing on other than 8.5x11 BUT if i had to guess i'd say the problem was not with flipsuite/flipbook printer but with the virtual printer tools.  I will try it out and see if i get the same results.-mouser (November 26, 2011, 06:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

(Sorry - Just thought I'd chime in with a few thought)

.JPGs don't have a paginated document size. They're at the whim of whatever application is formatting them for the printer.

Print driver's (suprisingly) aren't necessarily that picky ... especially if the job sent doesn't specify a size, and the data will fit on (what's available) 8.5x11.

If liquidriver wants to print on 6x8 media, they'll most likely need to define and specify that custom size during & for the device that is actually going to put the image on paper.

Printing the image to .pdf may allow specifying a document size, but that is not going to prevent it from being overridden by the app that prints the pdf (by default) to whatever size media that is typically handy.

liquidriver:
Thanks Stoic Joker for the reply.

Actually the PDF printer application and the JPEG printer application both allow a lot of different paper sizes through the virtual printer driver. Download them for free and try it out yourself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version