ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

HDDlife Pro (and other disk-health reporters)

<< < (2/5) > >>

svv1999:
I like to be able to keep an eye on processor temp, as my beloved Pavilion ZD7010 simply switches itself off if the temp gets above 70 degrees C (something that hasn’t happened since I cleaned its heatsink a few months back), so I need both displayed at once.-m_s (March 21, 2006, 11:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

Because speedfan has an integrated event management there is no need for any display.

You can get a pop-up for every temperature, fan speed or voltage condition you like.

Edit:
If one really wants more than one item displayed, say n, one can still have n installations of speedfan where each installation is configured to show the desired value.

Darwin:
HD Tune http://www.hdtune.com/ is a freeware app that also allows you to view the temperature in the sys tray and provides easily accesible detail about the health of the drive...

crono:
Does one of thoose tools support / monitor RAID (RAID 1 on a promise controller) Discs?

longrun:
Just don't be lulled into a false sense of security. Every hard disk failure I've had (not a scientific sample) has been sudden, catastrophic, and without warning.

svv1999:
Does one of thoose tools support / monitor RAID (RAID 1 on a promise controller) Discs?
-crono (April 04, 2006, 07:55 PM)
--- End quote ---
Think! The controllers work consists of pretending one drive, although there are at least two. How can any program running on top of the OS break through this camouflage, if the controller does not provide any s.m.a.r.t status?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version