ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

In search of ... information/opinions on VHS to DVD converters

<< < (3/5) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Oh, yeah, I forgot to 'splain 'bout the VHS player:

* physically, it simply cannot be used where the LG is to be located
* decoratively, it definitely cannot be used where the LG is to be located (Baby Daughter (BD) has a whim of iron  ;))
* a 1TB NAS unit is under consideration for storage (see follow up)
* a DVD/Blue Ray player is a must (see follow up)
While I do not have a decorator's eye, BD does:  I can appreciate what she's done after the fact, but cannot plan things out the way she does, and she's adamant that player not be in the living room  :P.-barney (November 27, 2011, 08:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hm... Okay, so you have some 80's era eyesore and no strategically convenient bit of nearby furnishing that it can go in/under/behind/etc. ...Damn. Okay... *Shrug* ...Thought I'd try. ;)

Shades:
If the player is from the 80's...you could mistake it for a freezer or something  :P

barney:
It's not unlike a '60s era amp/tuner, say an old Panasonic  :-*.  Actually, I've had reel-to-reel tape decks that were smaller (7", not 12") :P.

barney:
On order:

* VHS to DVD 4.0 (with Capture Device)
* Honestech VHS to DVD 5.0 Deluxe
* Diamond VC500 One Touch Video Capture Device
As well as here, I've been discussing this with some more-geographically-available folk.  We all [three (3) of us] have [differing] need of such a device/software, so we're gonna see how these work, then redistribute them according to specific requirements.  That way, we get to try all three (3), then decide what's suitable - providing, of course, that we don't come to blows  :stars: over one (1) of 'em and that we lucked into grabbing the right ones in the first place  :P.

Armando:
The three will provide the same kind of functionality. Honestech VHS to DVD 5.0 Deluxe looks like it's better quality overall. Diamond VC500 One Touch Video Capture Device is the cheapest looking, and even if it work, I'd probably go with the Honestech VHS to DVD 5.0 Deluxe for almost the same price.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version