ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

--> PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST <--

<< < (2/5) > >>

2stepsback:
I wrote the whole review and pressed Refresh in browser without Posting it, but after reviewing it about 10 times. And poof! all gone! :mad: :mad:
So, never mind if you have written pure junk or even dirty filthy rubbish, first save it, you can always edit it. Nothing is gonna be the problem if you save and then it "becomes public". You can easily change it.

After you've entered anything that took up time or effort, first post, then edit.

See, I wrote "or even dirty filthy rubbish" and saved it. Now I click on the modify link at th eright top of the post, strike out that text and save it.

brotherS:
I wrote the whole review and pressed Refresh in browser without Posting it, but after reviewing it about 10 times. And poof! all gone! :mad: :mad:
So, never mind if you have written pure junk or even dirty filthy rubbish, first save it, you can always edit it. Nothing is gonna be the problem if you save and then it "becomes public". You can easily change it.

After you've entered anything that took up time or effort, first post, then edit.

See, I wrote "or even dirty filthy rubbish" and saved it. Now I click on the modify link at th eright top of the post, strike out that text and save it.
-2stepsback (February 25, 2007, 02:08 AM)
--- End quote ---
I don't agree, I think incomplete posts are a disservice to those who read it - but you can press Alt+a and Alt+c to copy it to the clipboard whenever you type longer post. After losing a few long posts (thanks to browser or network problems) over the years I now often do that.
 :D

If I'm writing very long posts, I also copy a version to a .txt file.

Wordzilla:
Remember you can always post whatever you want in My Personal Area.

Even if you save a post in "My Personal Area", you are the only one who sees it. Do whatever you what, just copy/paste the source code and post to the proper forum section after you are done with the post. Useful for getting your post ready before revealing it to the public. ;)

mouser:
Wordzilla hit it right on the head.  That personal area was created for something like this.

ps. whenever you are writing anything really long, please please please make a copy somewhere as you are going.  If you use a clipboard tool like mine or another which saves to storage as soon as you copy a clip, that's at least some backup for you (just do ctrl+A then Ctrl+C and you at least have a copy in clipboard).

f0dder:
And even when working in "my personal area", always write your posts in a text editor, and paste to the board when you're going to post/preview.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version