ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Special File Recovery Software

<< < (2/6) > >>

IainB:
I didn't know about Shadow Copy or GetDataBack. Thanks.

Shadow Copy is apparently only in Win7 "Business" and "Ultimate" versions though. Bother. Mine is Home Premium.

GetDataBack looks very good. I see there are 2 separate versions - NTFS and FAT.

PhilB66:
I didn't know about Shadow Copy or GetDataBack. Thanks.

Shadow Copy is apparently only in Win7 "Business" and "Ultimate" versions though. Bother. Mine is Home Premium.

GetDataBack looks very good. I see there are 2 separate versions - NTFS and FAT.
-IainB (November 21, 2011, 06:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Check out http://nicbedford.co.uk/software/systemrestoreexplorer/

Stoic Joker:
I've used GetDataBack on a 1TB HDD, (partition table went south), which had multi-GB video files.  It recovered every single file.-4wd (November 21, 2011, 05:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's been a hands down favorite of mine for years.

MilesAhead:
--- End quote ---

ShadowExplorer works on my Vista Home Premium fine.

The data is still saved. It's just that Windows doesn't give you that "previous versions of files" in the property page. Basically ShadowExplorer was written as a way to get that backup file out of the shadow copy on flavors of Windows that don't have the option in the property page.

IainB:
So, does this mean that Win7 Home Prem has the capacity for Shadow Copy, but it has been disabled as a feature?
This would presumably be what what passes for "marketing".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version