ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 Release : Qatapult

<< < (9/12) > >>

ecaradec:
I had the impression that quicksilver was hiding what was really typed and shows keys by underlining characters in results. Showing the typed text was and still is a sort of shortcut for making the developpement easier, but I was hoping to remove that just as in QS.

I'm still not sure what you mean ewemoa : I tend to navigate to path from c:\ and completing and navigating with arrows, I can't figure out were I'd need to edit the current path ? Occasionally within FARR I change a subdirectory from a path I use but this is very rare. So may be all you need is the left arrow to navigate one folder up and the ctrl+shift+backspace or esc to clear the request ? May be I'm just reluctant to add an editable field on a transparent window, which is going to be difficult (a kind of instinctive programmer defense ? )

For copying and pasting, I'll probably add copy, and paste as command and probably also copy/paste filename, as well as various subparts of path and url.

ewemoa:
I had the impression that quicksilver was hiding what was really typed and shows keys by underlining characters in results.
-ecaradec (December 21, 2011, 02:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

That sounds familiar for the most part.

I think for text mode (entered by . or '), it is worth having the ability to use key sequences like ctrl+arrow, ctrl+shift+arrow, etc.

For reference, from the QS manual:

URLs in the first pane can be changed into text by typing . or '.

--- End quote ---

I think something similar was possible with files and folders.  What comes up in my mind is that after typing . or ' when the selected pane holds a file or folder, text mode is entered with the path to the file or folder being presented in the pane.

IIRC there were other situations where QS used text mode too -- sending text via IM is something that also is mentioned in the manual.

I think it was also possible to type the escape key after being in text mode to exit text mode and the selected pane would then appropriately change to reflect this (e.g. if one had edited a file's path in text mode, exiting text mode with escape would then display a file object -- if the modified path corresponded to an existing file).

ewemoa:
BTW, below is a link to a version of the QS manual with a table of contents (for easier PDF navigation):

QuicksilverManualWithTOC.pdf.gz (7979.7 kB - downloaded 1243 times.)

rgdot:
Mentioned

http://www.ghacks.net/2011/12/29/qatapult-is-a-great-looking-keyboard-launcher-for-windows/

ecaradec:
Wow, totally awesome to get noticed that fast (my second time on ghack too ;) ), and a little bit scary since Qatapult is still very very beta. Thanks for spotting that rgdot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version