ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 Release : Qatapult

<< < (8/12) > >>

tomos:
After reflexion, I think I'll go with Qatapult, your first proposition tomos, as you like it it's even better.-ecaradec (December 20, 2011, 05:35 PM)
--- End quote ---
:)

Looks nice :up:- I finally getting around to trying it :-[

Some start-up problems/requests:
[1] it seems to have a few focus problems - originally when I started it, it didnt have focus at all - I typed, nothing showed, I had to click on it and then it works. I could not escape out of it - these both seem to have resolved themselves through use :) will report again if a problem
[2] would be nice if space+shift worked - I find it easier to type than shift+space (I'm no typist)
[3] would be nice if I could alt+tab away from the app (FWIW, I think FARR closes when I alt+tab away)
[4] would be nice if I could select typed text using Ctrl+Shift+Arrowkeys

Win7 64bit

EDIT/ my focus problems could possibly have been related to trying out alt+tab. Even though it stays on top, it no longer has focus...

tomos:
Icons are pretty!
 (see attachment in previous post)
...but some are small :)-ewemoa (December 16, 2011, 05:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

icons are all large here - but small icons often enlarged - i.e. poor pixelly quality (e.g. FARR as in ewemoa's screenshot)
(just reporting FWIW - I know you're aware of the problem, but I didnt have same results as ewemoa)

ecaradec:
I'm still not using it actively myself, my work computer is still XP for a few days, I should change this week. I'll try to make a fix for XP too, it's too bad that it can't work for a icon issue.

The blurry icons are an improvement I made over the previous behavior, I found an ugly way to detect icon size and scale it. It's a bit better ihmo, I think that Quicksilver does it as well.

Thanks for pointing focus issues, I think I'll just hide it when it lose focus for the moment, it should make things much clearer. It would be nice to have a fully usable piece of software for nany release ;).

I'll add some customization for hotkey, shift+space is not even my personal favorite (my favorite is still binded to FARR ). space+shift is not really possible because space would create a space in all apps before invoking Qatapult. You can also use autohotkey to bind any key to shift+space temporarily.

I'm not sure what you mean with the possibility of selecting text. I don't think I'll allow to select text from the UI, I'd prefer to add commands to paste it and use it in various way. What's your need for that ?

ewemoa:
I'm not sure what you mean with the possibility of selecting text. I don't think I'll allow to select text from the UI, I'd prefer to add commands to paste it and use it in various way. What's your need for that ?
-ecaradec (December 21, 2011, 04:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Stepping in and speaking for myself -- it's likely I'd use this type of thing for editing paths -- full paths to files, directories, and URLs.

tomos:
-ecaradec (December 21, 2011, 04:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Stepping in and speaking for myself -- it's likely I'd use this type of thing for editing paths -- full paths to files, directories, and URLs.
-ewemoa (December 21, 2011, 04:59 AM)
--- End quote ---
I havent even started using it for paths yet but can see that it would be a big help there.

sometimes there was text there I wanted to remove, say I search for something & it's not there, I then have to use the back key to delete before I start again. I'm just so used to using keys like Shift+Home or Ctrl+Shift+Arrowkey to select text in order to delete or cut or copy...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version