ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 Release : Qatapult

<< < (4/12) > >>

ewemoa:
Tried using it with Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and it seems to work much better -- no crashing so far.

I keep expecting . to enter text mode and tab to move focus to the second pane ;)

ecaradec:
Great to know that ;). I'll try to add a 2000/xp mode later, but the icons will be very fuzzy for those OS. It won't look as good.

I was sort of reserving tab for completion. Of course for text it has no use and it could be reused. I'll add . as a shortcut for text. It makes for sense for an english keyboard probably where it's an easy key to hit.

I'm in the process of adding an index, because the query of verbs for displaying on the second pane is very slow and it slows down the whole typing. I'm almost done, and I'll post a new version then.

ewemoa:
What to do with the tab key does seem tricky.

I'm not sure how much like QS you want to make this and don't know how much of the original docs are left [1], but if you're interested in checking out something that has inherited a lot of QS-ness, there is kupfer for *nix.

[1] Howard Melman's Quicksilver User Manual still seems available.

ecaradec:
I've found the howard melman manual and it's my basis for implementing qsll. I didn't know kupfer though. I haven't tried it yet, I haven't a unix installed with a gui.

I'm not attempting to do a complete clone anyway, it's more the image of QS that I have in my mind that I'm trying to implement.

ecaradec:
Hello there,

Here is a new version that allows to send text or selected file by email.

It can also fetch your gmail contacts.

Also the startmenu is now indexed to make search really fast for running applications. (be patient if when you type nothing show, the indexing might still be running, just wait a minute on first launch )

I'm rushing like crazy to get a great piece of software for nany, so expect some bugs, I really really need to polish the code. Do not hesitate to signal issues. Don't worry, I'll fix them, I like this project ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version