ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 Release: Printer PaperSource Explorer 1.2.0.0

(1/5) > >>

Ath:
NANY 2012 Entry Information
Application NamePaperSourceExplorerVersion 1.2.0.0Short DescriptionDisplay information about your printers Paper Trays (the source of the paper...)Supported OSes Windows XP forwardSetup File DCMembers pageHistory
* 2011-12-07: v1.2.0.0 NANY2012 Release version!
Several extra information options, display printer Location,
Stores options and main form position/size between sessions
Improved the print information option (Ctrl-P) to include all selected information
Has the application icon on the main form too
Displays main form and then loads data
* 2011-12-03: v1.1.3.0-beta Added bin-name match for if it's tagged in the printer name (Win Server 2008R2 on VMWare)
* 2011-12-03: v1.1.2.0-beta Improved bin-name match algorithm
* 2011-12-03: v1.1.1.0-beta Remove whitespace in bin-name match algorithm
* 2011-12-02: v1.1.0.0-beta Separating Active and Hidden/Disabled trays
* 2011-11-30: v1.0.0.0-beta Pre-release for NANY2012System Requirements.NET 4.0Author InfoAth DescriptionEver needed to setup Tray numbers in an application for a complicated, multi tray, office printer? Then here's the way to find out the correct tray/bin numbers.Features
* Displays the printers trays by number and the name the Windows driver assigned to it
* Print information about the trays on paperTo do
* Print a page from each available paper tray
* Design/find a spiffy application-icon(done)
* Add the spiffy icon to the main form without adding it twice in the exe(done)ScreenshotsOn Windows 7:

On Windows Server 2008R2 (VMWare):

InstallationRun the installer, that'll create the shortcut(s) for you and take care of installing .NET if it's not yet installed.Using the applicationView the information on the investigated printer by expanding or collapsing the tree (Default printer pre-selected and expanded)
Print the info on a page if required (File/Print or Ctrl-P)
Display Hidden/Disabled printer bins by expanding the corresponding tree-nodeUninstallingRun the un-installer from the Software/Programs and Features Control panel optionKnown IssuesLocalized printer driver papersource names don't match with English tray-names from the Windows PrintServer :-\
DisclaimerAny discrepancies caused by drivers are the manufacturers' responsibility :P
HistoryThis is one of the first .NET applications I made, back in 2007/2008, using WinForms but never actually released to anybody but myself :-[

cranioscopical:
Nice idea, Ath.
Where were you when I needed this many moons ago?

Ath:
Where were you when I needed this many moons ago?
-cranioscopical (November 17, 2011, 03:40 PM)
--- End quote ---
I was here, and also was this tool, but I didn't know... :o

Stoic Joker:
Interesting... So does this interact with the printer directly at any point, or just read the info available to/through/from the driver?

Ath:
It's just info available from the printer driver, but not query-able elsewhere, as far as I found. And it does sometimes change based on OS or after a driver update :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version