ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

lightweight software for organizing notes offline? [Stickies, StickySorter]

<< < (5/6) > >>

rjbull:
I'm presently using Notezilla but I have donated to Tom in the past and used Stickies for years.-J-Mac (November 20, 2011, 11:39 PM)
--- End quote ---
J-Mac, why the change?  Superior organisation features?

J-Mac:
I'm presently using Notezilla but I have donated to Tom in the past and used Stickies for years.-J-Mac (November 20, 2011, 11:39 PM)
--- End quote ---
J-Mac, why the change?  Superior organisation features?
-rjbull (November 22, 2011, 02:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

In sopme ways, yes. Though I do miss Stickies and may jump right back to it. I got Notezilla at a hefty discount plus it was getting a lot of positive comments here on DC, so I decided to give it a try. Of the thre apps I have purchased from Conceptworld, Notezilla has been the most stable and consistent. Piky Suite has since been abandoned and RecentX has some serious CPU usage issues IMO.

Jim

johnk:
Might not suit your purposes, but I use a combination of Notezilla and Rainlendar for my desktop notes/todos/reminders.

I find Rainlendar particularly helpful. It has a desktop display mode which I use to show my todo list and calendar on the desktop, and it also offers reminders and syncs with Google Calendar/Tasks.

rjbull:
I use a combination of Notezilla and Rainlendar for my desktop notes/todos/reminders.-johnk (November 23, 2011, 09:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
+1 for Rainlendar, very good reminder program.  Combining it with a sticky notes program of one's choice would be a good pairing, especially as Notezilla, Stickies and others can also pop up notes over particular windows, so you can have notes appropriate to particular programs, actions or Web sites.

J-Mac:
One nice feature of Notezilla that I should mention is that you can apply a sticky note to a window and have it associated with that window or web page. IOW, you create a note about a particular web page and associate it and then whenever you visit that web page that sticky note will appear there. Pretty cool - I've used it and it seems to work! (I say that because I doubted that it would for some reason!)

Thanks!

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version