ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Google Music Beta Now Live

<< < (2/2)

Deozaan:
Yeah, it sounds a lot like LaLa.

I requested an invitation. We'll see how it goes.

Let's see if it will be another youtube, or another dead google fad, just like googletalk-eleman (May 10, 2011, 10:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

GoogleTalk is the only IM client I use. I like it that much. Though I do admit it's a shame the client doesn't have all the features as Gmail Chat. But I like its minimalism. I like that it doesn't take over my computer with toolbars and emoticons and all that extra crap. But video chat and group chat would be nice.

Renegade:
It would be nice if the hardware world could keep up with the software world...

I can't see keeping media in the cloud as being remotely desirable from here. Limited bandwidth... I miss fiber...

Deozaan:
It would be nice if the hardware world could keep up with the software world...

I can't see keeping media in the cloud as being remotely desirable from here. Limited bandwidth... I miss fiber...
-Renegade (May 10, 2011, 06:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe that's why it's US only. I don't know the statistics, but I bet the broadband-available market is pretty large in the USA.

Renegade:
Dial-up has been relegated to backup service for transferring connections, and broadband is pretty much ubiquitous. It's the quality of "broadband" that varies, and it varies very widely. In some places, you're screaming fast if you get over 128k, while in others, 128M is soon to be relegated to the slow lane. Billing options in different jurisdictions/places also affect the practicality of the service.

I wish more US companies would off-shore their legal departments and figure out how to get around restrictions. It would make a lot more things viable for a lot more people. Sigh...

Jibz:
Google Music is open to the public now, I wrote a quick review with my first impressions here ;).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version