ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

Release: Fentwiss (a simple calculator / converter)

<< < (4/11) > >>

jgpaiva:
It works great in MacOSX!

Just something I miss: could you include a way to use the last result in the current calculation?
I usually use the command-line bc (which is very similar to your program but with fewer functionalities), and when I use ".", it is replaced by the last value it output.
In case I'm not explaining myself decently, here's an example:

--- Code: Text ---2*6   12.*10   120./6   20

mouser:
Hey could we have a commandline invokable mode, where we can pass it a commandline and have it send it's output to stdout or save it to a file?  If so we could make a FARR alias for it..

nogojoe:
But I still get my mug, right
-timns (November 15, 2011, 09:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
are you aware of OpalCalc? It handles some of what you want.
-cranioscopical (November 16, 2011, 06:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the tip on opalcalc just what i have been needing for a while   :Thmbsup:

timns:
It works great in MacOSX!

Just something I miss: could you include a way to use the last result in the current calculation?
I usually use the command-line bc (which is very similar to your program but with fewer functionalities), and when I use ".", it is replaced by the last value it output.
In case I'm not explaining myself decently, here's an example:

--- Code: Text ---2*6   12.*10   120./6   20-jgpaiva (November 21, 2011, 12:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

Good one - I'll see if I can do something as handy.

@mouser - that should be feasible

@nogojoe -  :P

cranioscopical:
That's nice, as usual timns  :Thmbsup:

I like the lazy man's result for fractions as both decimals and fractions together

+1 for carrying a total down to the following line

If I enter the same currency convertion on consecutive lines this seems to slow things down (might be just my crummy internet sevice)

Super-lazy request, any chance of using >> instead of -> (a split second faster)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version