ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 - Pledge & Final Release: Stick A Note

<< < (9/12) > >>

anandcoral:
Thank you eagleeyez.

Though I use very little image to keep exe size small, that too of low color depth and size, I will keep your advise in mind.

Regards,

Anand

DyNama:
anandcoral, i love this program! my image viewer vueprint puts the name of the image in the title bar, so with stick-a-note keying on the title bar, i can put individual notes on different pictures! i already have 407 notes. will SAN be able to handle 1,000 notes? 10,000 notes?

SAN does goof up every so often on my win7 x64 laptop and suddenly start showing the wrong note on every window that gets focus--it even shows the note on the pop-up window when i click on the tray hidden-icon button! but i just end task and restart the program.

anandcoral:
Hi DyNama,

SAN keeps the notes in individual text file in the program (exe) folder. You can browse from explorer and view, edit or delete them. The notes are separated on based of the window title given. Since these are small text files in the folder, the number is limited by OS only. The problem may be how fast it can search and load the respective text file, when a window comes in focus. May be with too many number of files, this will cause some delay in displaying the notes.

If you find that wrong notes are shown for a window, I suggest, you explorer the program folder and check for the file named SAN_<window title> and delete it. The <window title> is cleaned up from '\*' etc. characters, if exist in original window title.

Please let me know if you are facing problem after the clean up.

I am sorry that I have not been able to fulfill my promise of making the explorer/finder from SAN within for the notes, due to continuous project work pressure. Still I like to thank all well wishers that the project work is helping be to reduce my liabilities.

Regards,

Anand

anandcoral:
Thank you DyNama for the donation  :)

Regards,

Anand

DyNama:
Hi, Anandcoral,
as i said, i love this program, but the sad fact is, it goofs up a lot on my win7 x64 laptop. here's screenshots of SAN showing the wrong note:

These are windows that do have a note, SAN is just showing the wrong one. Sometimes i want to edit the existing note but the wrong note comes up in the SAN editor. i had to move the SAN…txt file of the wrong note out of the StickANote folder―in fact i moved all of them except the ones i wanted to edit. Then i moved them back and restarted SAN, but that did not stop it from showing wrong notes.

here's a screenshot of SAN showing a note that doesn't even belong―this note transfers to every window that has focus, even the "Show hidden icons" window in the tray!

End-tasking SAN and restarting does stop this behavior.

I'll find workarounds if i must, but i sure would like fixes. perhaps a way to unload or refresh the SAN database in memory?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version