ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Gmail annoyances - can they be fixed using add-ons, Stylish and Userscripts?

<< < (3/4) > >>

IainB:
If you prefer
-J-Mac (November 19, 2011, 01:59 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks @J-Mac and @brotherS, I think I do understand how to use the commenting in this Board, but that's not it.

What I mean is ensuring that when you are selecting various successive quotes from someone, it is tedious in the extreme to get the quote string into the quote box as per example following:
quote author=J-Mac link=topic=28656.msg268534#msg268534 date=1321732797

Therefore, it was simplest to pick up the whole nested mess quote and just embed my comments in a different/bold colour.

That's why I wrote:
For expediency, I'd probably do similarly under similar circumstances in future.
--- End quote ---

J-Mac:
No problem Iain. I do find your quoted posts a little difficult to read at times though. But... that's my problem.   8)

Thank you.

Jim

brotherS:
What I mean is ensuring that when you are selecting various successive quotes from someone, it is tedious in the extreme to get the quote string into the quote box as per example following:
quote author=J-Mac link=topic=28656.msg268534#msg268534 date=1321732797
-IainB (November 19, 2011, 09:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hmm.... "get the quote string into the quote box"? I can't follow. :) When you hit the quote button, it's already in the box, no?

So you could just use copy/cut and paste to edit it from
[ long quote string ]
quoted text
[ / quote ]

to
[ long quote string ]
quoted text part I
[ / quote ]
your reply part I
[ long quote string ]
quoted text part II
[ / quote ]
your reply part II

I have the vague feeling that you are making it more complicated than it needs to be, but I might be totally wrong!  :D

IainB:
Oh dear, this is becoming tiresome.

brotherS:
 ;D Nevermind! If you'd prefer to not get this straight, please feel free to ignore us.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version