ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Gmail annoyances - can they be fixed using add-ons, Stylish and Userscripts?

<< < (4/4)

IainB:
No problem Iain. I do find your quoted posts a little difficult to read at times though. But... that's my problem.   8)
-J-Mac (November 19, 2011, 11:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
You find them difficult to read?
I quite understand. I can barely make head nor tail of some of them. That's because some are written by an AHK irrational semantic text generating script that I knocked up over a lost weekend. You just feed in a few relevant words, give it a general direction to take e.g., For/Against/Impartial - and away it goes! It goes through all sorts of permutations.

Some people actually reply to the comments it posts, but there you go, I suppose.

Deozaan:
The Archive/Spam/Delete icons at the top of the message list are terrible - the trash can for Delete is the only sensible one there. And they no longer have matching icons at the bottom of the list so you have to scroll up to the top all the time.-J-Mac (November 18, 2011, 11:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

I actually like the new placement of archive/spam/delete. I wasn't fond of them replacing the words with icons, but after a few days I finally got used to the icons and the position at the top of the screen. It's much more convenient, IMO, because you don't have to scroll up to the top to press those buttons since they "follow you" no matter how far down you've scrolled. Kind of like how frames used to work in those horrible days of Geocities and Yahoo!.

In the past if you were in the middle of a really long e-mail (or "conversation"), you'd either have to scroll all the way to the top or all the way to the bottom of the page for the archive/delete links. Now they're always right at the top of the screen. No scrolling required. :Thmbsup:

zridling:
Yea, like I said, I was so accustomed to reading to the bottom of the message and finding the delete button there. But I simply assigned the letter 'D' to the delete keyboard shortcut and that's better anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version