ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Accessing the Comments Field

(1/3) > >>

bob99:
I've searched a bit and didn't seem to find anything on this.
Is there any way of externally accessing the comments field in SC for each screen capture?  I would like to be able to do something similar to Milesahead's TipOff or Propertypage discussed here: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=28529.0

After I've finished taking a series of captures I would like to be able to see/print a list of the screenshot filenames along with the comments that I type in SC.  Right now I'm trying Milesahead's programs along with SC but it's a lot more steps/mouse movement & clicks than I'd like.  ie: monitor the program I'm taking captures of, taking the capture, bring up TipOff or PropertyPage, select the comment tab, type the comment, save and go back and start over.  It gets to be a juggling act.

Or is there an easier way I'm not seeing?

Thanks,

mouser:
Can you elaborate a little bit on what you'd like to do.. i'm not sure exactly what you want.

It does give me an idea though.. I wonder if it might be useful to add a feature that would print out all images in the thumbnail panel, side by side with their comments, or something like that.  Sounds like a bit of work though..

bob99:

I wonder if it might be useful to add a feature that would print out all images in the thumbnail panel, side by side with their comments, or something like that.-mouser (November 13, 2011, 11:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

That is what I am looking for.  A way to obtain a list of the capture filename and any comments that were added in the comment field after the capture was taken.
For example...

Filename                                             Comment Field
capture 1 - 11-13-11.png           This is a comment I've typed for screen capture 1
capture 2 - 11-13-11.png           This is a comment I've typed for screen capture 2
and so on...

Others may prefer an images and comments printout, I am just looking for is a listing of filename and comments.  (May be just as much work??)  I'd like to do it without launching a 3rd program to do it and lessening the number of programs open and key/mouse strokes per capture.  Having the list in text or csv format would be nice.  Or even Treepad format like Milesahead's programs above would be ok. 

Another way of asking is, whenever I bring up an old capture where I've included a comment, the comment is still there.  Where and how is the comment stored and is it currently accessible?

Thanks

mouser:
Where and how is the comment stored and is it currently accessible?
--- End quote ---

comments are stored in embedded image comments -- so other tools that can show embedded image comments should be able to see them.

bob99:
I found them. 
On the same line and before the typed comment phrase (or even if the comment field is blank) is [SCM]actwin,0,0,0,0;
Wondering what it means?  Tried a couple of web searches and haven't been able to come up with anything. 

Thanks for the help!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version