topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 6:28 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Save location issue  (Read 2905 times)

Midnight Rambler

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Save location issue
« on: February 27, 2013, 02:38 PM »
Even though I've selected C:\Users\XXX\Desktop as my location to save screenshots and they are apparently saved there, they don't appear there.

A file search shows they've been saved to the desktop but I don't see the file on the desktop even though I'm logged in as XXX.  Is this a program issue or a Vista SP2 issue?
Compaq Presario 5716 (98), Dell Dimension 4700 (XP), Lenovo ThinkPad T530 (Win 7 Pro > Win 10 Pro).

cmpm

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Save location issue
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 09:28 PM »
I don't have Vista, but that has happened with my W7.
I think it's the operating system, cause right click-refresh will show the image,
or when I've downloaded a picture to the desktop, I've had to refresh to see it.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Save location issue
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 09:12 PM »
cmpm's tip is the best first thing to look at -- right click on the desktop and choose refresh, or otherwise try to get it to REFRESH it's view of the desktop -- maybe even by rebooting if you have to.

if you then see the files, then you know you have one kind of problem (the Operating System is not refreshing desktop when it should).

if you still don't see the files, then you have a different problem -- desktop files are not stored where you are looking.