ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Love WorkFlowy, hate web apps.. What to do?

<< < (5/5)

superboyac:
Tranglos, I've also been searching for a long time for something like this.  I'm familiar enough with you to say that IQ would probably be overkill for you, but it doesn't hurt to try.  I would love it if you could program it, you'd do it right.

I f'ing hate all these cloud apps.  All the programs I seem to want now are all cloud apps.  They are slow, their interface is like you said a step backwards.

Planz is good!  I like it, I may use it for a while and see if it gets me off MLO.  I don't think it will be able to fulfill all the things you want, but I don't know of any program that can do all that.  it would be awesome if something did.  I'd like to see this program mature, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Armando:
Tranglos, I've also been searching for a long time for something like this.  I'm familiar enough with you to say that IQ would probably be overkill for you, but it doesn't hurt to try. 
-superboyac (November 17, 2011, 11:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

My 2c : While I agree that IQ could be overkill for very very simple usage (e.g. you just want to be able to type text, without any needs for an outline), I can tell you that Pierre himself uses IQ for mostly simple things (with the occasional complex stuff, of course)... And he's the developer.

The cool thing with IQ is that you don't need to use the fancy stuff to take advantage of some the flexibility (e.g. : if you're just interested in an app allowing you to add Boolean/check box felds, then so be it...).

But then, if later your needs expand, you're not stuck trying to find another solution, export or sync your data, etc, etc.

superboyac:
Tranglos, I've also been searching for a long time for something like this.  I'm familiar enough with you to say that IQ would probably be overkill for you, but it doesn't hurt to try. 
-superboyac (November 17, 2011, 11:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

My 2c : While I agree that IQ could be overkill for very very simple usage (e.g. you just want to be able to type text, without any needs for an outline), I can tell you that Pierre himself uses IQ for mostly simple things (with the occasional complex stuff, of course)... And he's the developer.

The cool thing with IQ is that you don't need to use the fancy stuff to take advantage of some the flexibility (e.g. : if you're just interested in an app allowing you to add Boolean/check box felds, then so be it...).

But then, if later your needs expand, you're not stuck trying to find another solution, export or sync your data, etc, etc.
-Armando (November 21, 2011, 07:30 PM)
--- End quote ---
Agreed, if you try IQ and it fits the bill, it's definitely the way to go.  I also use IQ in mostly simple ways, except for some of the stuff in the project management grid, but Armando did all the hard leg work on that one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version