topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 3:33 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: GIMP: Cursor Obscuring Image When Using Free Select Tool  (Read 2896 times)

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
GIMP: Cursor Obscuring Image When Using Free Select Tool
« on: November 03, 2011, 02:11 AM »
Under GIMP (2.6.1) I noticed that the pointer cursor would sometimes obscure the image too much causing difficulty while using the free select tool.  After some not-too-successful searching, I learned that there's a preference that seems to help:

gimp-cursor-obscurement-work-around-for-free-select-tool.pngGIMP: Cursor Obscuring Image When Using Free Select Tool

Perhaps there are better work-arounds.  If anyone knows of any, I'd be interested in hearing about them -- apart from changing the system's pointer cursor, that is :)

Edvard

• Coding Snacks Author
  • Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: GIMP: Cursor Obscuring Image When Using Free Select Tool
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 01:02 PM »
Wow, I never knew that, very cool!  :Thmbsup:
I use a larger cursor anyways, so I probably should be more bothered by it, but strangely I'm not.
There have been times, however...   :mad:

OTOH, I don't know of any further hidden secrets besides how getting comfortable with the hotkeys makes working with Gimp faster, and the fact that there are thousands of tutorials on how to do almost anything with it.

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: GIMP: Cursor Obscuring Image When Using Free Select Tool
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 06:13 PM »
OTOH, I don't know of any further hidden secrets besides how getting comfortable with the hotkeys makes working with Gimp faster

Indeed!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 01:11 AM by ewemoa »