ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Do you know a GUI that does...

(1/2) > >>

Tat1990:
Hello!

Do you know if there is a "generalist" GUI for running CLI programs, parse the output and allow the user to create file processing rules? (move, copy, delete, etc),
or do I need to find a coder to make a GUI for ever CLI programs I need to run batch when I need the CLI program output?

Thank you very much for your suggestions :)

Tat

Target:
a bit more detail might be helpful, maybe some examples :huh:

FWIW (and apologies if you already knew this) you can pipe the output of your CLI activities (assuming they have outputs) to a file for further procesing, eg dir c:\some_folder\*.txt > c:\som_other_folder\output.txt

skwire:
Ah, crap, there was a sort of universal CLI front-end I came across a while back.  I cannot recall the name of it, though.

MilesAhead:
This .hta script is an example of creating a Gui to set switches for a command line app:

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/92-free-great-programs-windows-7-a-93.html#post656362

Redirecting the output and other features, I haven't done enough with .hta script to know if it's feasible. 

ewemoa:
Haven't tried the following yet...wonder if it might be relevant:

GUI for Command Line

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version