ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Do You Freelance?

<< < (4/5) > >>

mahesh2k:
I do. Not many clients but anyway....

kyrathaba:
I've done a few small jobs for small mom-n-pop businesses, and for a few individuals.  If it was steady, it'd be nice extra income.

JavaJones:
I used to. Still take the occasional one-off, but really just as favors. I donate more of my computer "consulting" time than anything. I might get back into it in a couple years if my current projects don't pan out though. :D

- Oshyan

TomD101:
I translate software (GUI and Help) mainly for two software developers, translate tutorials and snippets to be put on websites, and occasionally ask a developer, if he wants help with his sometimes adventurous translations.
Additionally, I am the usual Mr. FixIt, when computers in my vicinity (friends, family) are broken or have to be replaced by new machines.
Via mouth to mouth  propaganda, friends of friends ask for my service, so that's where serious money (fixed sum per hour) comes from.
As I have a fulltime employment, all this freelancing is done after hours, but gives enough additional income to make it worth the time.
Employer and IRS are informed about my status, so I have a go from my boss and taxes are paid from the freelance income, too, but in a very complicated calculation.

Thomas
Berlin, Germany

kwacky1:
Yes absolutely, web developer for the local community, all via referrals.
+1 Hobby.
+1 After Hours.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version