ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Change folder icon colour when folder empty

<< < (3/8) > >>

skwire:
Would it be possible to tweak the utility so that if a folder subsequently has content and is processed, then the standard system icon is returned.-magician62 (October 26, 2011, 11:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

I do have code in there to do this.  If a folder is not empty, I do the following:

* Check for the existence of a desktop.ini
* If it exists, check the appropriate key.
* If the key value matches our icon path, assume the desktop.ini is one we made and delete it to restore the normal icon.
Further info to my first statement The other machine on the network see's all the folder changes as they happen, and I only get some, untill after a few refreshes !

Is it possible to build into the code some sort of window refresh, which may overcome this?-magician62 (October 26, 2011, 11:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'll see what I can do.  However, like you said, this is almost certainly system-related.  It also depends on the file manager, too.  On my own system, in Altap Salamander, I see the changes immediately.  In Windows Explorer, the changes take a bit of time to see.

From my own initial need, I can see the potential as a productivity tool. If at a later time it were extended you could have green for empty, orange to 1-9 items red for 10-99 items blue for 100-999 items-magician62 (October 26, 2011, 11:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

I already have the code written to support such functionality.

.... etc Sell the idea to M$, they can incorporate it in Windows 2020, assuming we still have folders by then :)
-magician62 (October 26, 2011, 11:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Pfft...we all should be so lucky.  =]  Honestly, this app's functionality is really trivial to do.  The core of it is around 40 lines of AHK code.  Check folder, match stuff, create/delete desktop.ini, set folder with system attribute.  Done.

magician62:
Now I have been using the utility for a solid day, I was wondering if adding the ability to drop the root folder onto the window would be a simple task. I am finding I am processing various folders with the util, because it is so usefull :)

skwire:
You already can for both the Root Folder and Icon Path edit fields.  You have to drop it specifically on those fields, though.

magician62:
Lol, your thinking ahead. I didn't even think of trying it :)

mateek:
I'm wondering, has anyone used MTIcon with multiple drives?  Does anyone have advice on the best course?  I'm debating whether to try multiple instances by making container folders with different names (maybe renaming the .exe too?) or trying to set the root folder to comma separated locations.  Does it even matter at all which method I choose? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version