ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Change folder icon colour when folder empty

<< < (6/8) > >>

Rills:
Also once a folder has been changed to a different icon to show it's empty will be automatically change back when a file is put in the folder?  Or does the software have to be run again?

Many thanks!

Rills:
Hello!  I have now read all your posts and worked out how to locate and use an icon (I should have done this before posting my last message - my apologies). 

I have also run the application on a test folder and the results are very good!  I was initially very excited! Alas when I put a document in one of the empty directories it the icon doesn't automatically change back to full. I suspect I have to run the software again for this happen?

I was wondering if anyone has had any success running this software on say a daily basis so that the folders are constantly refreshed?  We are architects and have a huge amount of data kept in a standard folders structures set up for each project we are working on.  Being able to see which folders have content in them and which do not on a live basis would be incredibly useful for us.

If anyone has any thoughts on this it would be hugely appreciated.

magician62:
You have to run the util to update the folders.

One issue known in Win7-64 and possibly 32, is that windows, does not always refresh immediately, in fact it can take some time.

I have run this utility and someone looking at the same folder from another PC will sometimes see the updated icons well before I do, and I ran the util. Its not perfect, but it is better than nothing. And I believe windos is a limiting factor here.

If you use windows prior to vista look for a util called Folder Size. It adds an extra collumn in explorer shell with a reasonable figure for the size of files in the folder.

Ideally you need a Compliance Management system, but they don't come cheap

skwire:
One issue known in Win7-64 and possibly 32, is that windows, does not always refresh immediately, in fact it can take some time.-magician62 (June 27, 2012, 11:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

I added a small tweak to the code to, hopefully, fix this issue.  Can you please download the archive again and re-test it?  Thanks.

MT Icon Download

Rills:
The latest version works loads better!  Thanks.  I had noticed that the icons take a while to change.

Has anyone tried using this regularly on a lot of data?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version