ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Change folder icon colour when folder empty

<< < (5/8) > >>

pavanusq:
hi SKWIRE
i downloaded MTIcon, but how to assign Folder size or how the Folder changes Blue or any colour?
i am using Windows 7.
i am looking for a program which detects empty folder and change it's colour or give some identification, i don't want delete empty Folders.

Thanks for your Help

pavanusq:
OK I have been using this great util for some time now and can see a possible improvement in the original idea
The icons would be user defined, though I have created 5 icons set, 1 for each percentage. Each set has several size icons. They are based on the MS icons of Windows 7, though I am not sure if copyright apples as they are modifed from the original. Basically they are a standard yellow folder, that fills with red from the bottom. The greater teh content of the folder the more red is shown

Empty folder -      Green
<100MB               Yellow (default)
100MB-<1GB         25% Red
1GB-<10GB           50% Red
10GB-<50GB          60% Red
50GB-<100GB        80% Red
>100GB               100% Red

-magician62 (November 26, 2011, 02:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi Magician62
how can you assign these Size, do we need any special app?

skwire:
Hi, pavanusq, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.   :)

i downloaded MTIcon, but how to assign Folder size or how the Folder changes Blue or any colour?-pavanusq (June 21, 2012, 03:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

I never added the folder size stuff to MT Icon; it only sets the icon if a folder is empty.

i am looking for a program which detects empty folder and change it's colour or give some identification, i don't want delete empty Folders.-pavanusq (June 21, 2012, 03:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

The current version of MT Icon does not delete empty folders.

magician62:
I found a few situations it doesn't seem to work, but its been a while IIRC one was Network mapped drives and NAS. When I get a moment I will see if i can test the ways I used it and list the places it had issues (Win7-64)

I created icons based on the windows ones that show different red/yellow ratios , but the code was not modified ( not clever enough yet :) )

If anyone wants the icon packs I can probably make them available, though I am not sure how copyright stands on them. I got the base image from a program that colourised folders. Though on making the image a negative it looked like the basic MS icon.

Rills:
Hi there!  Manyt thanks for the link.  I am being really slow here I know but where would I find an icon to put in the icon path?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version