ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Map a Drive via SFTP

<< < (2/3) > >>

jgpaiva:
Ok, today I found I really need something like this, I think.
Does anyone know any free/open software for windows that can map a drive letter to an sftp folder?

(@rover: I already use winscp for other stuff, but I need the mapping to be able to edit code remotelly)

ps: I found this thread while searching google. I guess I should have come here first :P

kartal:
It sounds good, but 40$ seems more than I would like to pay for such thing, not that I do not appreciate the work but the economy is tight.

edit:
I emailed them and it looks like windows version supports only sftp which is even worse for me because mac users can use it for other ftp protocols for the same price. If you are on windows you get only sftp for 40$

Innuendo:
Seems like if you want something like this AND require drive letter mapping there are only two products capable of this.

SFTPDrive is now called ExpanDrive. I checked out the Mac product page and the video showing off the Mac features looked really cool.

kartal:
yeah mac stuff is maybe cool but I hardly use Mac :)  On the other hand I do not understand the reasoning behind selling a stripped down version of the software for the same price. Why should I as a Windows user pay the same price to get only one(sftp) of the features ? The I would need to buy another software to map ftp so forth. It makes no sense to me. Either they should provide full featured application for the same price or they should just stop selling it until they have a full version.

There are couple other ftp drive mapping ones but I do not think they support sftp so far. Netdrive and ftpdrive are the ones I tried in the past.

Innuendo:
kartal,
I noticed that the Mac version of the software is v2.0 while the PC version is just at v1.83 so hopefully that means the missing features on the PC side will be coming if/when they release a v2.0 for the PC especially now that they have changed the product name to match the Mac version.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version