ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Any Magicka Fans Around?

<< < (2/3) > >>

wraith808:
I bought it on sale months ago but haven't played it yet.
-Deozaan (October 21, 2011, 01:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Same here.

Ehtyar:
I should also mention that you're gonna want a few hours of solo play under your belt to get the hang of casting and pick up some of the more elementary magicks. Generally speaking, the more powerful spells involve more (or more complex arrangements of) the elements, so if you wanna dive into co-op or duel as quick as possible looking a few up online might not be a bad idea.-Ehtyar (October 21, 2011, 01:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

A few hours? :tellme: I had the idea of just playing through the campaign from the beginning (as a noob) cooperatively with someone else. Is that not a good idea?
-Deozaan (October 21, 2011, 01:24 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well I'd expect you'd have trouble contributing to gameplay. As with any game, experience makes a better player, so the experienced player would likely end up walking the noob through the levels. If both players were noobs, it wouldn't be a problem though.

Ehtyar.

fenixproductions:
Bought some time ago and tried to play online with few people:
- was bugged as hell - dunno how does it work now,
- multiplayer was not fun for me at all - too many things on the screen for such low resolution.

Ehtyar:
-fenixproductions (October 21, 2011, 07:56 PM)
--- End quote ---
As mentioned previously, this was resolved fairly early on. Apparently Steam released the game prior to completion.
- multiplayer was not fun for me at all - too many things on the screen for such low resolution.
--- End quote ---
Not sure what you mean by this.

Ehtyar.

fenixproductions:
--- End quote ---
As mentioned previously, this was resolved fairly early on. Apparently Steam released the game prior to completion.
-Ehtyar
--- End quote ---
I do not consider it "early" if there is DLC already.

--- End quote ---
Not sure what you mean by this.
-Ehtyar
--- End quote ---

For games I often look on the hero/environment size ratio. Magicka heroes are too big for my taste*. With dozen enemies and two co-players there is too much going on the screen. In such scenario there is no place for spells combining (which is great though) and I had to end up with random keys bashing, hoping not to kill by comrades or throw them out of the screen.

*) I've always though that better resolutions and bigger screens were meant to show more usable/workable space - NOT bigger icons, toolbars... heroes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version