ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

[BARGAIN] GTA Complete Collection - US$12.49

<< < (3/5) > >>

wraith808:
Bizarre... Why would anyone write their installer to behave like malware like that? Are most gamers that uneducated that they don't know enough to delete large installers if they run out of space? I wouldn't think so.
-Renegade (October 19, 2011, 05:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's even worse than that... Let's say you download a non-single-file installer, i.e. it has a setup.exe and supporting files, with the setup.exe being less than a meg, and the entire install being 1GB+.  It deletes *only* the setup.exe file, leaving 1GB+ of useless files on your disk.  I say again... WTF?

Deozaan:
Is GTA any good? Never played any of them.
-Josh (October 19, 2011, 02:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've played GTA 1, 2, 3, and Vice City.

I liked GTA 1 but for whatever reason I didn't get very far in it.
GTA 2 was really fun and a big improvement over the first, IMO. I played it quite a bit but still only made it about halfway through.
I really enjoyed GTA 3 and I think I did every mission and side-mission possible. Though I may not have collected all the hidden things and unlocked all the secrets. Then again I may have. I don't remember.
Vice City felt like it wasn't as good as GTA 3 and I soon got bored of it and stopped playing.

When San Andreas came out, I realized that I was no longer interested in the series because I had matured.

That said, I think you'd really like the series.

wraith808:
When San Andreas came out, I realized that I was no longer interested in the series because I had matured.
-Deozaan (October 19, 2011, 06:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's the statement.  The gameplay, over the top violence, and over the top language is grating after a while above a certain maturity level in my opinion.

Lashiec:
That's the statement.  The gameplay, over the top violence, and over the top language is grating after a while above a certain maturity level in my opinion.
-wraith808 (October 19, 2011, 07:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Uh-oh, seems my level of maturity is not evolving with age, but involuting :D

So is Josh's :P

lanux128:
2. After I download a 1GB+ install, I expect to be able to keep it to install later (especially non-DRM'd items).  It actually *deletes* the root install program, i.e. if you run setup.exe to set something up, it *deletes* setup.exe once you install.  A way around that is to copy the file as it's downloading/running, but really, why?
-wraith808 (October 19, 2011, 01:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

i'm a steam user too but there has been an occasion where i used the gamersgate installer (thanks to a generous DoCo member). that installer had an option to "keep temporary files", so i don't know whether it's the norm or exception. maybe this can help you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version