ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

[BARGAIN] GTA Complete Collection - US$12.49

<< < (2/5) > >>

skwire:
Ah, I see.  I hadn't actually downloaded or installed them yet.  I was just going off of what I'd read about there being no third-party client involved.

wraith808:
Ah, I see.  I hadn't actually downloaded or installed them yet.  I was just going off of what I'd read about there being no third-party client involved.
-skwire (October 19, 2011, 01:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Don't get me wrong... I like GG, and have a lot of software through them.  It's just that there's no silver bullet to these services, and I somehow doubt that there ever will be.  :(

Josh:
Is GTA any good? Never played any of them.

wraith808:
Is GTA any good? Never played any of them.
-Josh (October 19, 2011, 02:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

The game is good, but your enjoyment will *really* depend on what you like.  There is a story, but you're not constrained to it at all.  It's *very* open world, and your activities vary (though most are illegal).  Driving and jacking cars is of course a big part of it (third person view), though you have missions that do involve activities on foot (beating people up and killing people for the most part).  Very good production qualities (though many of the later become more of the same IMO), but after a while, it became just "more of the same", especially after you get past shock value.  JMO, and this refers to III on.

Renegade:
2. After I download a 1GB+ install, I expect to be able to keep it to install later (especially non-DRM'd items).  It actually *deletes* the root install program, i.e. if you run setup.exe to set something up, it *deletes* setup.exe once you install.  A way around that is to copy the file as it's downloading/running, but really, why?
-wraith808 (October 19, 2011, 01:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Bizarre... Why would anyone write their installer to behave like malware like that? Are most gamers that uneducated that they don't know enough to delete large installers if they run out of space? I wouldn't think so.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version