ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

[BARGAIN] GTA Complete Collection - US$12.49

(1/5) > >>

4wd:
Via OzBargain:

Complete GTA Collection for US$12.49 at GamersGate.

And GTA Classics for US$7.49.

Renegade:
Thanks for posting that. I saw that you can get the first 2 games for free even.

I've never even seen GTA, but always wondered what it was like.

skwire:
That's a great deal and I love the fact that these are stand-alone downloads i.e. no need for a third-party client running all the time.  Steam, I'm looking at you....   >:(

Curt:
Complete GTA Collection for US$12.49-4wd (October 18, 2011, 07:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

-weird exchange rate: it is $12.49, but €13.58 !  

-----------
or 18 778 Blue Coins
(List price: €39.95)
-----------

FYI: "Offer expires in 4 days and 12 hours"

wraith808:
That's a great deal and I love the fact that these are stand-alone downloads i.e. no need for a third-party client running all the time.  Steam, I'm looking at you....   >:(
-skwire (October 19, 2011, 12:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Personally, I hate gamersgate's install process, and prefer Steam's.  

How do I hate thee, let me count the ways:
1. I've had problems with the resume of their download client (a) with network interruption and (b) when I've had to press pause.
2. After I download a 1GB+ install, I expect to be able to keep it to install later (especially non-DRM'd items).  It actually *deletes* the root install program, i.e. if you run setup.exe to set something up, it *deletes* setup.exe once you install.  A way around that is to copy the file as it's downloading/running, but really, why?
3. More games on GG include DRM than Steam (many that rely on steam for their DRM resort to SecureROM or other virus-like DRM alternatives)
4. There's no way to queue up downloads/installs.
5. No set way to get updates- sometimes they are separate files, and sometimes they update the original, and sometimes, there just aren't any updates.

So yeah, YMMV.  I love steam being integrated, and it doesn't use that much memory, so leaving it running isn't a big deal to me.  Origin and Impulse (or whatever they're calling it now) are a bit more intrusive, and Desura is pretty unstable, so I don't like those as much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version