ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

iPad2: alternative to Stanza?

<< < (2/3) > >>

nosh:
For PDFs I use GoodReader, which is pretty awesome feature-wise. You can sync using Dropbox, there's even a "Local Servers (via wifi)" option there, dunno exactly how it works though - I transfer files via SCP (jailbreak perk). I can't really speak for its speed, since I have nothing to compare it to... I read 20-40 MB magazines (full graphics) there and am quite happy with it.

wraith808:
Stanza has been updated, and I can confirm that it again works in iOS5.  There was apparently a problem with the library, so that could be an issue.

Renegade:
So, has the update insanity settled down enough for someone that always waits because he doesn't like farting around with software updates that break things?

-- Haven't updated to iOS 5 for that exact reason -- stuff breaks.

Is it safe enough now?

wraith808:
So, has the update insanity settled down enough for someone that always waits because he doesn't like farting around with software updates that break things?

-- Haven't updated to iOS 5 for that exact reason -- stuff breaks.

Is it safe enough now?
-Renegade (November 11, 2011, 12:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

*I* haven't updated my iPad.  I only have iOS5 because I got an iPhone 4S (out of need this early- my prior phone got wet)

f0dder:
Stanza has been updated, and I can confirm that it again works in iOS5.  There was apparently a problem with the library, so that could be an issue.-wraith808 (November 10, 2011, 08:36 PM)
--- End quote ---
Wonderful - back to having a sane method of transferring PDFs to my iPad(*) :-*. I seriously thought Amazon had killed off Stanza for good.

(*) well, technically, pulling them from Calibre, using Stanza using my iPad.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version