ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 Release: MPH (Media Player Hotkeys)

<< < (5/13) > >>

skwire:
@ewemoa: Thanks for the report and kind words.  Much appreciated.   :)

ewemoa:
I'd like to be able to jump back a bit in the currently playing video but I have not succeeded in figuring out how to do this with MPH.

Is this currently possible?

I think in VLC there are a variety of actions:

Shift+Left -> very short backwards jump
  Alt+Left -> short backwards jump
  Ctrl+Left -> medium backwards jump
  Ctrl+Alt+Left -> long backwards jump

skwire:
Is this currently possible?-ewemoa (December 16, 2012, 01:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

No, it's not.  I designed MPH with the intention that only the main or basic actions of players would be supported.  You could set up global hotkeys for these actions directly within VLC, no?

ewemoa:
Thanks for the response.

No, it's not.  I designed MPH with the intention that only the main or basic actions of players would be supported.  You could set up global hotkeys for these actions directly within VLC, no?
-skwire (December 16, 2012, 08:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Aha.  I didn't remember the global hotkeys angle earlier.  I will give this a try.  Thanks for the idea  :up:

ewemoa:
Sometimes I have MPH running while no media players are running -- I got to thinking it might be convenient in such a situation for an appropriate player to get started up if one of the configured MPH hotkeys was entered.  In my brief testing and scanning of the documentation, I got the impression that this is not how things work currently.  Assuming that's correct, how does this idea sound?

Random implementation-related thoughts...I guess that somehow MPH would need to know or become aware of paths of appropriate starting programs (e.g. if a player is launched via a batch file, the path of that batch file).  FWIW, I wouldn't mind specifying such information in an ini file :)

If MPH did have that info, may be upon receiving a hotkey, if it found no players running corresponding to the hotkey, it could start the top-most matching player.

P.S. The suggested global hotkey idea for rewinding has been working ok.  Thanks again for the pointer  :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version