ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Amazon Signs Up Authors, Writing Publishers Out of Deal

<< < (21/27) > >>

IainB:
@40hz: That comment of mine was deliberately and completely tongue-in-cheek.
I blamed you and @Carol Haynes as I thought you were both completely undeserving of any blame and could appreciate the joke.
Yes, "red whale" was my invention. It's a very large red herring.
To criticise someone else for spelling errors whilst at the same same time making a spelling error oneself seemed an amusing thing to do - a joke about oneself.
I have to admit fabricating the bit about @superboyac and his making an OP about Angelina Jolie, for the purposes of making a joke. AJ is to me a typical representative of the great deal of wrong that is done to our daughters - to create/manipulate women in this world to conform to a stylised male ideal sex object.

Carol Haynes:
great deal of wrong that is done to our daughters - to create/manipulate women in this world to conform to a stylised male ideal sex object.
-IainB (December 09, 2011, 10:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

Now there is a red herring if ever there was one. Write a book about it and self publish on Amazon immediately to get back on track.

For myself if someone feels they have the strength (or ability) to get me conforming to a "stylised male ideal sex object" they are welcome to try. It would probably need a skilled surgeon though! Save an awful lot of dieting and gym time!

40hz:
@40hz:[/b] That comment of mine was deliberately and completely tongue-in-cheek.
--- End quote ---

@IanB -

a) So was my reply. I though I was being deliberately over the top. Sorry if it didn't come across that way. :) :Thmbsup:

b) re: Red Whale - I like it. I may use it on occasion if you don't mind. Attribution will, of course, be made.

c) re: Angelina Jolie - on the contrary, speaking to other women, I've discovered many of them quite frankly admire her attitude, good works, personal appearance, unapologetic sensuality, and general "Take me as I am or sod off" approach to life. And, based on some very candid interviews I've read, she comes across as being more the product of her own conscious making than a woman manipulated. Or at least she is now that she's gained a little more maturity.

FWIW, I have no problem with any woman who wants to play the siren, the earth-mother, or the virginal queen for that matter. Women are humans, just like their male counterparts. And like all humans, they too choose which roles to play as a part of living in human society. Far be it from me to impose my personal notions of sensuality - or propriety - upon them. And far be it from me to also make excuses or apologies for whatever choices they make. I have far too much respect for women, as a whole, to do that.
 8)

superboyac:
@40hz: That comment of mine was deliberately and completely tongue-in-cheek.
I blamed you and @Carol Haynes as I thought you were both completely undeserving of any blame and could appreciate the joke.
Yes, "red whale" was my invention. It's a very large red herring.
To criticise someone else for spelling errors whilst at the same same time making a spelling error oneself seemed an amusing thing to do - a joke about oneself.
I have to admit fabricating the bit about @superboyac and his making an OP about Angelina Jolie, for the purposes of making a joke. AJ is to me a typical representative of the great deal of wrong that is done to our daughters - to create/manipulate women in this world to conform to a stylised male ideal sex object.
--- End quote ---
Wuh!...huh??
Why am I being used as a fictional character??!!  What has happened to me?

superboyac:
Oh...I see what happened.  I suppose I would say something like that...BUT I DIDN'T!!  just to be clear.

I have no problem with jolie.  What has she ever done that's even controversial?  I'm not aware of anything, but I don't follow here closely, maybe I missed something.  I know she's with Pitt, they adopt a bunch of kids from Africa or something.  What is the criticism?  That she's too skinny?  Too hot?  ha!  Whatever, i don't really care. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version