ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

iPhone feature which poses a high privacy risk everytime you take a picture?

<< < (4/4)

Fred Nerd:

Dunno... I just think the world is better when we don't automatically assume that terrorists and child molesters are stalking us on every street corner. The media has created such a massive reality distortion field around so many issues there, and the field isn't a good one -- it's pure fear. Not a particularly nice way to live. :(
-Renegade (October 14, 2011, 03:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

If people don't make it so tempting for people to become stalkers/identity thieves etc. then there wouldn't be so many of them. Its like not leaving valuables in your car. If nobody leaves valuables in cars, no-one is tempted to steal them, so if a one off chance comes up no-one is used to stealing and it doesn't get stolen.

With geotagging, if everyone does it, it means that there is a chance of finding something out about people so it turns people into even more stalkers.

FaceBook is bad enough as it is. Its not socially acceptable to meet someone one night, next morning you are finding out their life story, family, education, work, address, past addresses, where they went on holidays, what they wear and if they go to wild parties.

I hate talking to a friend and having the:
"Oh, did I tell you about my trip?"
"I read it on FB"
And nothing more to say.

So if we try to keep things private, we'll create a closed culture that can only be beneficial.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version