ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Deep C Fishing

<< < (2/2)

f0dder:
I wish they identified which compiler gives a warning about using an uninitialized variable only in an optimized build - that seems to be a poor behavior for a compiler. I'm not saying this doesn't happen, but I'd like to be aware of where it does.-mwb1100 (October 10, 2011, 02:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
GCC :) </troll>

Stoic Joker:
In IE9 it's consistently sluggish all the way through, but the rendering is messed up. WebApps, gotta love 'em.
-f0dder (October 10, 2011, 01:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
Strange, I tried just steadily clicking (in IE9) and it bounced right along right up to slide 120 (where I stopped) in maybe 20-30 seconds tops. Wasn't really paying much attention to the rendering at that speed, but it seemed to be all there. *Shrug*

f0dder:
In IE9 it's consistently sluggish all the way through, but the rendering is messed up. WebApps, gotta love 'em.
-f0dder (October 10, 2011, 01:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
Strange, I tried just steadily clicking (in IE9) and it bounced right along right up to slide 120 (where I stopped) in maybe 20-30 seconds tops. Wasn't really paying much attention to the rendering at that speed, but it seemed to be all there. *Shrug*-Stoic Joker (October 10, 2011, 05:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well, not as sluggish as in firefox, but sluggish compared to "come on, this is a fscking 2.4GHz quadcore" - probably around ~250-500ms for a pageflip, but at a consistent speed and low CPU usage all the way through.

Stoic Joker:
Hm... I'm running an E6600, which a Core2 Duo 2.4Ghz. I timed it for this run and best I can do with a one finger click is about 5 clicks per second (I stopped on page 362). The display kept right up with the cadence and highest CPU usage was 60%, lowest was 3% and (approx) average was in the high teens.

It did hiccup about 3 times and take a full second to load a frame ... But 3 out of 300+, I'm ok with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version