ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Sansa Clip Zip: Wow!

<< < (8/16) > >>

superboyac:
Carol, I agree about the battery.  But it's such a cheap little device that I don't really mind.  It's one of those things that if it ever stops working, i'll just get another one.

About the sound quality, it's very good, especially through regular earphones (and Rockbox, if you need to really tweak things).  One thing that my Sony player does much better is playing through a speaker, like in the car.  I'm using both of them in the car, and the Sony sounds much better.  Sony is known for their best-in-class preamps on their devices, ever since Walkman days, and it shows in this example.  I have to max the volume on the clip to approach the level of the Sony, and the sound just doesn't come out as good.  I've always loved Sony's preamps.

Cloq:
I think this should help with battery replacement for the clip+.  Sansa Clip+ Battery

Inside Sansa Clip+

Sansa Clip DIY Battery Replacement

Edvard:
@ Carol:
I got my Clip used from someone who owned it for about a year and a half before I got it so it's been 3+ years since I got it and I've used it heavily.
On a full charge, it'll give me a solid 7+ hours before the battery takes a nose dive (once it gets down to 25% capacity, it drains rather quickly), and a little less (maybe 5+) if I'm listening really loud or with lots of bass.
The battery has a 400mAh and Sansa claims a fresh unit has a 14-hour capacity, although I'm sure that's a conservative estimate.

Point is, if your experience is anything like mine, (luck of the draw, perhaps?) it's unlikely you'll be needing to replace the battery unless you're looking to hold on to it for more than 5 years, at which point, I would expect battery capacity to go south no matter what it's made of.

@Cloq:
Awesome! I've had to re-solder the battery wires on my Clip twice just because it bangs around in my pocket so much, but never replaced it.
Good to know it is possible, but I was pretty paranoid every time I had to crack the case open; plastic snap brackets just aren't as robust as proper fasteners.
The post by "ncuxanam" in your second link has a link to the proper replacement, BTW.
 :Thmbsup:

Deozaan:
The post by "ncuxanam" in your second link has a link to the proper replacement, BTW.
-Edvard (December 11, 2011, 12:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Third link. :Thmbsup:

NigelH:
If you're interested in boosting Clip output levels, the Fiio amps are very reasonably priced (especially the E6) - find some reviews.
Their low end amps E3, E5 and E6 at Amazon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version