ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Sansa Clip Zip: Wow!

<< < (6/16) > >>

bob99:
You can download an earlier copy of the firmware here: http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Clip-Clip/How-to-downgrade-firmware/m-p/153603/highlight/true#M31623

I had the same problem and as soon as I pointed the utility program to the earlier version everything worked fine.

There is also some good info on the Rockbox forum: http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php#7

EDIT:
You must have found the link while I was looking for and typing it up:

GOOD LUCK  :Thmbsup:

tomos:

* Does it complicate things to use an SD card?
* Does it read internal and SD together?
I'm wondering if it's better to get a 2GB model and add an sd card later, or to get a larger 8GB straight away.
(I want to use it with computer style speakers, not sure yet how much use it will get in it's planned location - so I'm uncertain what exactly I want...)

bob99:

I like the way the SD card feature works.  The SD is accessed separate.  It's shows like a thumbdrive does on a PC.  It comes up on mine as 'microSD1'.  Much easier to access and use than my old different brand.

I use mine both with both ear buds and external computer speakers.  I've had a set of Creative's for a few years that the Clip+ sounds great on.  Decided to also get a another set of cheaper speakers for my workshop area.  Those are a set mfg by Sylvania.  Bought them at a local Big Lots discount store.  They don't sound quite as good but will do.

f0dder:
Does the Clip navigate music based on folders, or does it keep an internal database?

I used to own a Sansa player (can't remember which model, and I'm away from home right now so can't look it up) - it was a very nice little device, which sadly got thrashed when I slipped on my bicycle pedal and fell off, some years ago. Anyway, getting to the point, every time I'd have it connected to my coputer, it would spent several minutes rebuilding a song database from the content on the SD card... this was really annoying!

Edvard:
In my experience, the stock Sansa firmware makes it's own internal database, and that's your only choice.
Malformed ID3 tags? Sorry, buddy, can't play 'em...
Everytime I added new music, it would detect it and update.

With RockBox, you have the choice of navigating by folder, playlist, or internal database that you have the choice of updating or not.

As far as updating while attached to your computer, I have no idea; never saw that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version