ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Sansa Clip Zip: Wow!

(1/16) > >>

superboyac:
IN preparation for my next vacation, I purchased the Sansa Clip Zip.  Not because I didn't already have 3 or 4 mp3 players, just because.  It's really quite cool!!  I'm no mp3 player expert, but I have followed it closely over the years simply because I'm all about music.  I'll break down what makes this thing so freaking cool.  If you've ever had a Sansa Clip of any model, I'm probably preaching to the choir:
1) Super cheap.  I got the 8GB model for $70, and the 4 GB model is $50.
2) Well, what if you want more memory?  It has a microSD slot for more memory.  Isn't that amazing?!
3) Not only that, but it's not a pain to use the card slot like other players.  Very simple menu choice.
4) TINY!  It's about the size of that tiny ipod rectangle model.  Obviously the build quality is much cheaper, but who cares at this price.
5) GREAT sound quality.  Even ignoring the price, it has great sound quality.  Easily better than 90% of the players out there, including Apple.
6) No proprietary cables, just regular USB with the tiny microUSB slot on the player.
7) Firmware updates are fast and reliable.
8) Sansa asks for feature requests...and then implements them in future firmware!  Who else does that?!
9) Don't like the stock interface software?  You can Rockbox it!  Rockbox is a custom firmware for these players.  It's not ready for this latest clip zip model, but the other clips have it and people love it.

There you go.  Very easily the best bang for the buck player out right now.  I would be shocked if there was another even close.

eleman:
Steve's body is not cold yet, but you're already talking as if there are mp3 players other than ipod. Shame on you. Shame on you.

mouser:
 ;D

allen:
You don't perchance own a Zune do you? I'd be curious about sound quality comparison -- that's one thing that's kept me loyal to the now discontinued Zune/Zune HD line. All other devices audio quality pales, so I'm a bit concerned about what comes next. Hopefully my 64gig ZHD holds out for a good long while...

superboyac:
You don't perchance own a Zune do you? I'd be curious about sound quality comparison -- that's one thing that's kept me loyal to the now discontinued Zune/Zune HD line. All other devices audio quality pales, so I'm a bit concerned about what comes next. Hopefully my 64gig ZHD holds out for a good long while...
-allen (October 12, 2011, 10:39 AM)
--- End quote ---
The Zunes are great also.  I don't own one, but I've used them before, and I like them a lot.  I would say the sound quality of this Clip Zip would compare very favorably with the Zune, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was better.  I also have a couple of high end Sony players, and Sony's walkmans are known for their superb sound quality, and I don't notice any difference with the Sansa.  I mean, I haven't A/B'd them or anything, but I haven't noticed much of a difference.  AS a point of reference, when I listen to ipods, I can immediately notice a lack of sound quality vs. what I'm used to.  Flatter sounds, exaggerated things here and there...I don't find them to be very gentle on my ears.

I won't buy a music player if the sound quality isn't great.  That's my starting point.  Once I have filtered them down to the great sounding players, then I start considering other features, prices, etc.  After all, the primary use is listening to music, right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version