ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Multiple printer defs under W7. Anyone have the key to this?

<< < (3/3)

cranioscopical:
@SJ

Thanks for the insights. If you need a beta tester for the check printing just shoot me a machine and some stock  ;)

Carol Haynes:
HP doesn't even develop drivers anymore (quote form an HP rep) they just let the Uni-Monster auto-configure itself to whatever is needed for the latest devices (a bit scary me thinks).
-Stoic Joker (October 11, 2011, 05:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

That really does account for a lot of issues you see with HP ATCW (Almost Totally CrapWare) drivers. It also accounts for why almost any model in their range seems to suffer from the same software issues.

Stoic Joker:
HP doesn't even develop drivers anymore (quote form an HP rep) they just let the Uni-Monster auto-configure itself to whatever is needed for the latest devices (a bit scary me thinks).
-Stoic Joker (October 11, 2011, 05:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

That really does account for a lot of issues you see with HP ATCW (Almost Totally CrapWare) drivers. It also accounts for why almost any model in their range seems to suffer from the same software issues.
-Carol Haynes (October 11, 2011, 06:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Neat huh? Like the insistence on enabling Mopier Mode (and sometimes HDD) by default on laser printers which causes multiple copy prints to fail. I just love that one.

But I've seen other companies do even worse with their network service implementations (send to Email/Network Folder/etc.), so it's real tricky to pick a favorite.

HankFriedman:
I have used the WPrinter utility for years and love it.

The download link is:

http://www.usysware.com/downloads.aspx

and the WPrinter home page is:

http://www.usysware.com/WPrinter/Default.aspx

there are free and pro versions, and the utility lets me switch between multiple versions of the same printer (draft, regular, and high-quality) with a simple, configurable hot-key

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version