ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

looking for programming language

<< < (3/3)

MilesAhead:
Both AutoIt3 and AutoHotKey come with their own spy.  They also have "hidden window" and "hidden text" modes.  You'll have to look through the documentation for how they stack up against .NET stuff.

If you try AutoHotKey I recommend starting right off with AutoHotKey_L. It has object support and other advanced features that vanilla AHK doesn't.

AutoIt3 can definitely pull text and send text to controls.  I've only used it in rudimentary fashion when deciding if that or clipboard was the better way to pull file names from Explorer Windows.  But macro manipulation is what they are both about.

kalos:
Both AutoIt3 and AutoHotKey come with their own spy.  They also have "hidden window" and "hidden text" modes.  You'll have to look through the documentation for how they stack up against .NET stuff.

If you try AutoHotKey I recommend starting right off with AutoHotKey_L. It has object support and other advanced features that vanilla AHK doesn't.

AutoIt3 can definitely pull text and send text to controls.  I've only used it in rudimentary fashion when deciding if that or clipboard was the better way to pull file names from Explorer Windows.  But macro manipulation is what they are both about.

-MilesAhead (October 12, 2011, 03:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think they cannot read/see the text of the url in your web-browser's address bar, though you can clearly see it. They need to focus the address bar and copy it, this is the only way afaik.

I was wondering if another language or something would offer something better, would be able to access and read deeper parts of the apps and OS

MilesAhead:
I would suggest you check the help docs for entries that start with "Control" such as ControlGetText.  If you search the forum for the language chances are it's already been answered there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version