ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

CHS: New Formatting Dialog

<< < (2/14) > >>

rjbull:
As in tranglos' thread Is this a worthwhile idea for a program?, my "problem" with this dialog isn't the BRU-like density of the dialog itself, which after all works for BRU, but its location.  You have to pick a clip and activate Modify Format/Case to get to it.  In particular, the User Tools menu is an item under it, so that's one more layer to negotiate.  I originally thought that it should be accessed from the main Configuration dialog.

One more request, though not strictly relevant here.  At present User Tools expect tools that read from a file, write to a file.  Please would you consider adding the alternative of sending the clip to a utility that expects input from STDIN, and receiving the modified text back from STDOUT?  That would suit lots of Unixish utilities.  However, I'm given to understand that redirection and pipes are far harder in late-model Windows than they were in DOS.

@cranioscopical: what's faster than vice?  Have you ever been to Las Vegas?

cranioscopical:
what's faster than vice?-rjbull (October 09, 2011, 02:26 PM)
--- End quote ---
If you're into Devil worship, I'd say sin apses. Now you mention it, not so different from those one might find in LV cathedrals of ...

mouser:
In particular, the User Tools menu is an item under it, so that's one more layer to negotiate.
--- End quote ---

rjbull,
i'm doing away with the UserTools menu completely.   Now if you want to use a user tool, you simply configure it as part of a saved preset, which can be combined with all or no other formatting operations.  this is a key change.

as for using stdin and stdout as input and output, yes i could probably add that.

mouser:
I have found it useful to see all of the options in one place. Keeping together as many items as possible would be an advantage, as seen from my purely selfish perspective.
--- End quote ---

i can try to combine more per page.  as you can see from my first post i am inclined to agree that the new tabbed method is going to make it somewhat more cumbersome to do quick stuff.  it just wasn't sustainable -- i was quickly running out of space and adding things became a question of where to put it..  the new approach removes that constraint which is the important thing.

so i don't think there is any going back from this new tabbed approach -- but i can try to reduce the number of tabs.

cranioscopical:
i don't think there is any going back from this new tabbed approach
-mouser (October 09, 2011, 03:55 PM)
--- End quote ---
Fairy Nuff. I can see that it opens the door to further enhancements.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version