ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

IDEA: display first page of pdf, when hovering over the pdf file

<< < (2/2)

kalos:
Wouldn't it be enough for you to have page 1 as a thumbnail (view: "large icons")?:
-Curt (October 09, 2011, 10:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

I already use this feature now, but it does not work in desktop and it does not work when I have set folder view to "details" (which is my prefered)

cranioscopical:
Win7 is a big no for me
how about text files, images, etc?
-kalos (October 09, 2011, 07:10 AM)
--- End quote ---
Following up on the post by CleverCat, Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) Quick PDF Tools

kalos:
Win7 is a big no for me
how about text files, images, etc?
-kalos (October 09, 2011, 07:10 AM)
--- End quote ---
Following up on the post by CleverCat, Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) Quick PDF Tools
-cranioscopical (October 09, 2011, 11:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

this app doesn't do what the title of the thread says, not in pdf, neither in any kind of file, unless, I miss something

IainB:
@kalos:
The Windows Explorer replacement tool, xplorer², has a "Quck View" function, where it can do rather more than just show the first page of a file. For example, for any file you select (not hover) it can  give you things like:
* display the draft and native content of a .pdf file.
* display the draft and native contents of a Word file.
* display the contents of a .txt file.
* display an image file.
* play an .mp3 or other (sound file).
* play a video file (various formats).
* it will also display the text in many other files (e.g., html files, script files).

The display is made in a special Quick View window that is opened when you select Quick View. All you need to do is scroll through the files to see the display of contents.

CleverCat:
Forgot u need to right click  :-[

But, PDF XChange Viewer does it on hover! (Pdf only) (Not sure about XP though)  :-\

Windows 7 previews image and text files on hover in Explorer for me!  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version