ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

NAS Recommendations?

<< < (4/22) > >>

40hz:
^It provides NAS functionalities. Plug any USB drive (or drive bay) into the USB and you're on your way. And you can also mount the Tonido hosted drive on another machine if you want to.
 :)

Renegade:
Hmmm... Tonido...

I have a few old boxes stashed away that I *could* stick drives into, but I just don't want to draw 350 W or 400 W or 450 W or whatever when I can draw 30 or 50 W. It's a power issue there... I'm already drawing a sick amount of power... :(

Would it be worth it to set up an old box? I have a 3.2 GHz single core box stuffed away that might not be too bad...

I'm not really much of a hardware guy there.  :huh:

lotusrootstarch:
No... a NAS like RND4000 is solidly built, compact and designed to run 24/7 reliably and (power) efficiently, whereas for your old boxes, no matter how much efforts you spend on them, will be neither.

Renegade:
No... a NAS like RND4000 is solidly built, compact and designed to run 24/7 reliably and (power) efficiently, whereas for your old boxes, no matter how much efforts you spend on them, will be neither.
-lotusrootstarch (October 06, 2011, 10:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah... I didn't think so. I think I'm pretty much sold on the RND4000 there.

Hey... Aren't you up kind of late? :P

lotusrootstarch:
Yeah, well I don't expect myself doing any actual work tomorrow (TGIF!) so doesnt matter. :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version