ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

NAS Recommendations?

(1/22) > >>

Renegade:
Can anyone recommend any cheap NAS?

I don't care about features. I only want lots of space. Storage. Nothing more. RAID is good.

It only needs to be able to be accessible via Windows Explorer and OS X Finder. Just normal, plain Jane, vanilla storage.

Min. 8 TB or 4 TB with expansion options. Doesn't matter much. I don't need more than 12 TB though. 8 TB is lots for now.

steeladept:
From what I hear, the Synology offerings are pretty good.  Your requirements seem pretty basic, so most any *should* work for you as long as they are a decent brand.  From personal experience though?  Go elsewhere - never used/setup a NAS myself.

lotusrootstarch:
ReadyNAS RND4000

Renegade:
@steeladept - Thanks. I was looking at them, and they seemed pretty good from what I saw.

@lotusrootstarch - Thanks. That was the one that I was looking to buy. I didn't see any Synology NAS available locally, and that one seemed decently priced compared to many others. Have you used it or can I ask why you recommend it?

lotusrootstarch:
I recommend it because it's cheap ($299).

I have 4 of these at home (8TB each, WD Green 2TB x 4) in addition to the my original 4 TeraStation Pro IIs (8TB each), and use them heavily on daily basis.

I run RAID 0 on all NAS and I can tell you that for me price is the only difference that makes...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version