ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Inadvertent Social Engineering - It's that easy?!?

<< < (5/5)

app103:
So what are you saying, you married him for his looks?   ;D  You are very correct about diabetes, when my blood sugar level gets too high or too low, I can't think any better than a 2 year old.  (Now just wait for the jokes to start flowing.)
-Tinman57 (November 29, 2012, 05:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

I am not referring to the temporary stupid that you get with the occasional spikes & dips, where as soon as your blood sugar returns to normal, you return to normal. I am talking about what happens when it goes untreated and your blood sugar is chronically too high. It causes permanent non-reversible damage to your memory and cognitive abilities, which in my husband's case, kind of mimics a cross between the very early stage of Alzheimer's (which some scientists now nickname Diabetes type 3) and ADD.

Tinman57:
So what are you saying, you married him for his looks?   ;D  You are very correct about diabetes, when my blood sugar level gets too high or too low, I can't think any better than a 2 year old.  (Now just wait for the jokes to start flowing.)
-Tinman57 (November 29, 2012, 05:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

I am not referring to the temporary stupid that you get with the occasional spikes & dips, where as soon as your blood sugar returns to normal, you return to normal. I am talking about what happens when it goes untreated and your blood sugar is chronically too high. It causes permanent non-reversible damage to your memory and cognitive abilities, which in my husband's case, kind of mimics a cross between the very early stage of Alzheimer's (which some scientists now nickname Diabetes type 3) and ADD.
-app103 (November 30, 2012, 02:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Diabetes is a horrible disease.  When you go a long time with your BSL too high you start losing your limbs or worse, your internal organs start shutting down.  An old family friend of mine lost both of his legs to diabetes.  My mom has the "Type 3" symptoms.  Her reasoning, problem solving, and decision making skills are not so good to say the least.  She had diabetes for years before she finally went to the doctor.  Did your husband know he had diabetes during this time?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version