ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Steve Jobs is dead.

<< < (9/25) > >>

Stoic Joker:
I did not know the man personally.
I did not know the him professionally.
I am not related to him in any way, kind, sort, form, or fashion.
I do not recognize any of the alleged innovations (like colored plastic) as having any impact on my life or livelihood what-so-ever.
I also do not feel the need to make lite of his passage.
I simply do not care.

40hz:
I also do not feel the need to make lite of his passage.
-Stoic Joker (October 06, 2011, 05:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

How refreshing!  :)  :Thmbsup:

Eóin:
Honestly, this is one of those times where the old saying "If you have nothing nice to say then say nothing at all" would probably be very appropriate. Unfortunately the insanity of the fanbois pushed me over a threshold where I felt the real counterpoint was more than necessary.

Carol Haynes:
What's the betting all the Apple Stores have church organs and choirs installed by next week?

This religious nonsense really gets me depressed!

My favourite quote (to lighten the mood)

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy
--- End quote ---

40hz:
What's the betting all the Apple Stores have church organs and choirs installed by next week?

This religious nonsense really gets me depressed!

My favourite quote (to lighten the mood)

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy
--- End quote ---
-Carol Haynes (October 06, 2011, 06:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Funny. I never even considered him a naughty boy. Just a fairly smart guy in the right place at the right time, who had the balls to take big chances and the luck to have them pan out before anybody figured out he was bluffing just as much as anybody else.

He also had an uncanny knack for hiring people vastly more creative and brighter than himself who were quite happy to have their achievements attributed to Mr. Jobs. In this respect he keeps company with American steel magnate Andrew Carnegie who (allegedly) wrote his own now famous epitaph:

Here lies a man who knew how to enlist the service of better men than himself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version