ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

RIOT tool that respects folder hierarchy? (for JPEG compression?)

<< < (4/7) > >>

vlastimil:
You should probably drop the C (put to current folder) - it has no effect when I (overwrite originals) is used (and can actually slow things down if the software is on different drive than the images).

Chroma subsampling controls the resolution of the color planes (Cb, Cr) relative to the brightness plane (Y). 4:1:1 (1 color sample for 2x2 pixels) is the default for PhotoResize as well.

Hard to guess where the <1% difference in file size comes from.

dcsev:
 rofl just a heads up.
After YEARS of asking/begging/yelling-kicking-screaming profanities for this function in RIOT and Caesium ... after I found Photoresize, both programs now support what I want.

Can you believe that! ROFL

dcsev:
vlastimil,
Very weird thing here.
When I drag and drop a photo (essentially reducing the size) and then double click it in Windows 7, rotate it  and save it, the file size returns to around what it was previously.  Any ideas why?

vlastimil:
Not sure. There are 2 possibilities. Maybe you have had the photo opened in the Win7 viewer moments before resizing it and the viewer kept it in cache and then used that original file as the source file for the rotation. Or the viewer does not do a lossless JPG rotation and instead re-encoded the image using default quality settings.

dcsev:
vlastimil,
I have been using your app for the longest time and it has saved me a lot of time and grief. Thank you!

I want to tell you two things:

1. The problem in the aforementioned thread (with respect to sizing) still exists.  I am following all steps correctly.
 a) Send JPEG to your app. b) rotate the picture  in ANY app [windows, xnview, acdsee, etc] and save. c) observe file back to original size. d) send picture back to your app to get it back to lower size.  No idea why this is happening

2. Any chance for a front end GUI / progress bar for your app?  I know it's a simple app, but I was just converting 26GB of Pics and it would've been nice to know the progress of it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version