ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Massive Security Vulnerability In HTC Android phones

(1/4) > >>

tranglos:
After barely a week with my HTC Sensation I knew I would never buy an HTC product again. Now, this will help me remember if I ever think of changing my mind:

Massive Security Vulnerability In HTC Android Devices

f0dder:
Pretty bad thing, stuff like that really shouldn't happen.

That said, I'm very satisfied with my Desire S.

Eóin:
I like HTC devices, indeed all my smartphones tend to be HTC. Plus, given their "turn a blind eye" to the hackers policy coupled with their more recent help to the hackers by providing a bootloader unlocker I had thought the company was being pretty darn not evil.

So I must say, this development really disappoints me. Thankfully though, as a user of custom roms (CyanogenMod) it at least doesn't affect me, but is still inexcusable.

f0dder:
I wonder if it's intentional data-harvesting/back-dooring or just a sign of very, very poor judgment and crap programmers. Given how blatant it is, I almost can't believe it's intentional back-dooring...

Eóin:
It really does seem too stupid I admit. HTC did make a public response to the data collecting: XDA-Dev - HTC Responds Once Again…, but that was before the security issues were discovered.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version